ROSSLYN, South Africa (April 15, 2021) – Nissan is thrilled to announce the introduction of the Nissan Magnite, a compact SUV in South Africa that is now available for sale.
The much-awaited B-Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) speaks to Nissan’s relentless crossover spirit of innovation and style which makes the launch concept a fitting one for this bold, beautiful and ‘charismatic’ game-changing SUV.
“In line with Nissan’s philosophy of continuous innovation and enriching experiences, we thought it fitting to have a launch that supports this narrative. Our market is bold, self-driven with go-for-it attitudes aligning to what the Nissan Magnite embodies. We are ex-cited to finally have the Nissan Magnite on our South African shores and we cannot wait for you to experience it for yourself,” said Stefan Haasbroek, Nissan South Africa Marketing Director.
True to Nissan’s global SUV DNA of advanced technology, the Nissan Magnite comes with numerous first-in-class and best-in-segment features that will provide customers with a differentiated, innovative, and accessible experience. It features latest technology as a part of Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM), Nissan’s vision of how vehicles are powered, driven, and integrated into society. This includes an impressive 8-inch full flash touch screen with best-in-class wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay compatible with the latest devices to ensure every journey is a first-class experience.
Built for those who take charge of every journey, the car has the sleekest headlamps assembled in its class with lightsaber-style turn indicators, while its L-shape LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and dominating front grille is unlike any other design in the B-SUV segment. When it comes to the interiors, the all-new Nissan Magnite has achieved the best level of packaging and seating comfort.
A first in its segment, the all-new Nissan Magnite is also equipped with one of Nissan’s top support technology, the Around View Monitor (AVM), which gives the driver a virtual bird’s eye view from above the vehicle.
With high strength and impact absorbing efficient body structure, the Magnite is equipped with safety features such as Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Hydraulic Brake Assist (HBA), Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC), Traction Control System (TCS), Hill Start Assist (HSA), speed-sensing door lock, central locking and SRS dual airbag system with pretension and load limiter seatbelt for driver and passenger.
Since it launched globally, the Nissan Magnite has already received a few accolades including ‘Top Gear India compact SUV of the year’ and Autocar India ‘Value for Money Car of the Year’ award. It has been the front runner in the Nissan India family with 4,244 units bought in February 2021, and over 50,000 bookings since the launch.
A feature-rich premium vehicle with a stylish design for a strong and dynamic road presence, Nissan Africa is excited to see how the Nissan Magnite will be received and has no doubt that the praises will be echoed in South Africa.
Beautiful All LED Front Exteriors
- LED bi-projector headlamps (sleekest in class with even wider coverage)
- LED lightsaber-style turn indicators
- LED L-shaped Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED fog lamps
- 205 mm ground clearance (among the best)
- Best-in-class turning radius (5.0m)
- Functional roof rails with 50kg load-bearing
- Square wheel arches for bold styling
- Front and rear silver skid plates
- Integrated sculpted bodyside clad-ding
- Stunning diamond cut alloys, standard 16-inch wheels
- Sporty IP with stylish horizontal execution and premium finish
- Carefully crafted door seals
- Wide split taillamps
- First-in-class eye-grabbing Flare garnet red (tint coat) colour
- Tall floor console with smartphone tray
- High command eye position (best-in-class visibility & opening angle)
- Best-in-class rear knee room
- Best-in-class ‘couple distance’ (shoulder room in the front row)
- Sporty & welcoming seats
- Rear armrest with 2 cupholders and first-in-class mobile holder
- 5-degree tilt of centre stack for driver-centric cockpit feel
- 336L cargo space with flexible ca-pacity by 60:40 split foldable rear seats
- Ergonomically designed buttons for ease of control for the driver
- BIG, 10L glovebox with illumination
- HRA0 1.0-litre Turbo en-gine
- Best-in-class Nissan Signature X-Tronic CVT transmission
- First-in-class AVM (Around View Monitor) to give a bird’s eye view – toggle between rearview, bird’s eye view and RH camera for eased parallel, perpendicular parking and front camera for taking out from tight spots
- Best-in-class driving eco function – rates driving and assigns score, also provides suggestions to improve efficient driving skills
- First-in-class full 7-inch TFT instrument cluster with built-in tyre pressure monitor
- First-in-class ‘welcome animation
- Toggle the menu and up/down buttons for all functions
- Fully integrated steering wheel controls for audio, cluster and Cruise Control
- 8-inch full flash touch screen with best-in-class wireless Android Auto & Apple CarPlay (compatible with latest devices) with 6 Speakers
- Carefully placed microphone and speaker for better phone calls
- Nissan Connect
- SRS dual airbags
- Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) for safe vehicle manoeuvring in tight corners and risk situations
- Hill Start Assist (HSA) for comfort-able stop and go in slopes and hilly terrains
- Traction Control (TC) for best vehicle control in different terrains
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Anti-Roll bar for tight cornering at high speeds giving low body roll
The Nissan Magnite Recommended Retail Price (RRP) and line-up are as follows:
- Acenta MT = R256 999
- Acenta CVT = R280 100
- Acenta Plus MT = R282 600
- Acenta Plus CVT = R305 700
Service Plan: 3yr/30000 kms (3 services) and warranty 6 year/150 000km